<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Lessons on Philippians 3 

Had been really encouraged by the letters of Paul's to the Philppi churches during his time as a missionary... first that Paul mentioned in chp 2 from verse 2-3 "Do nothing out of selfish amibition or vain conceit but in humility consider others better than yourselves. v4 Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others" Easy to say but when comes to actual doing can be quite difficult...

Ever since i memorized this verse when i was a student, had always in my mind, sometimes can be quite difficult when i focus too much on my self or on my own efforts!!! But Paul did not stop there instead he continued saying in verse 5-8 that we should follow Christ's example. "v5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: v6 Who, being in very nature God did not consider equality with God somtething to be grasped. v7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. v8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death- even death on the cross." So because of that, God exalted him to the highest place... (v9-11) Thinking back, i think i'm still lacking of having a servanthood attitude, but knowing that i'm still "under construction" product =) , i need not have to worry too much or feel so guilty... Coz God haven done with me yet... if only i continue allowing God to mould and change me???

Another verse that strikes me from Phil 3:10 Paul's main purpose even though he's almost towards end of his life, he want to know Christ and the power of His ressurection and the fellowship in his sufferings... " V12-14 followed by "Brothers, i do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing i do: Forgetting what is behind and straning towards what is ahead, v14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" I too wanted like Paul to forget what had happened in the past, and press forward... good or bad things/experiences, i will strive to have this vision in mind as i strain forward in my christian walk and not to stay put in my comfort zone right now...remembering God's not done with me...Things which had a hold in my life in the past shall no longer... my life mission on earth is not living by day but doing the things that is God's Focus, Christ-centred and Spirit-lead life... =) Okay lah, not so "holely" haha... but i have to be mindful and not let time passes me without me realising before i regret doing nothing...

Oops.. i kept repeating myself in the blog =p ... Time to get to my desk and started on my daily lessons...

Comments: Post a Comment