<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Finally it's over 

Yeah, it's finally over... for now... The project that having it's latest tendering is over, at least for me to have some breathing space... Okay, still got stuffs to finish it off, the corrigendum by this wednesday... Waiting for tenderers to collect the doc. It was quite tiring infact, not because of the tedious work of being involved in a l.s tender, but also burning midnight oil everyday since last Friday night onwards til this friday morning 4.30am.... Think my body also sort of used to working at least 17 to 19 hours everyday... I leave home early in the morning, and normally finished work as early as 3am.... Of course, i do have side effects of staying awake and staring at the pc for such a long periods, now i'm more prone to cold, coughs, backaches and eye-strains... such as visions, shadows lines distorted etc... more prone to falling asleep easily...

until this Friday when the tender is finally out, so do my body.... I just couldnt tahan any more, mind n brain is dead... So i "eat snake" in front of my coleks, not even the tea/coffee can keep me awake any more... Kept falling asleep in front of pc... yoyo... Anyway, my senior also knew that, when she came back from her meeting and to her astonishment, all what i have done during the whole afternoon... shall not elaborate any more!!! Was of course was lectured/chided by her for being so un-productive... This's my first time doing on a tender, then realised that it's not that simple that i thought to be, every single item cannot to be afford to be left out any single item, or else the consequences will be dire.

Being first time get involved in a tendering process can be a humbling experience for me, it also make me realised how little i know/ have experiences as a QS... ( for now as a AQS).... i dun think i even qualify to handle my own project... but of course i'm thankful to have such opportunity... often during the whole process, i always tear-apart from my senior for making silly mistakes, asking funny n stupid/brainless questions... But the experience that i gain during this period i think will benefit a lot, such as to my msmt, of course... think which i used to missed out, after this... i had better understanding and grasp of msmt... which i hope will help me the whole process of the construction...

Often, i do enjoyed being involved in tendering, and sometimes, i do really dreaded... what am i saying... Just sudden dun dun what to say or write... it's has been tough on me, with the coleks that we have been working together for this tender... Not that i'm not very good with works, but since it's over, shall not talk it any more...

I got to say that thru this process, i have really learned a lot, not just my knowledge of my qs work, but also working with people, how to handle conflicts in a amiable way, how to restore broken relationships etc... Not that i have mastered everything, in fact i'm still struggling on improving and maintaining on my life skills ( which i think still clearly lacking in my skills)... Often, talking with my senior can really shot my blood pressure over the limits, i think party of my inability to express myself clearly, hence creating so much misunderstandings and confusions/conflicts... Sometimes, i too have myself blamed for understanding my senior's instructions too slow, thus makes her very angry with me... esp times when we have to meet tight deadlines... Had learnt stuffs like writting part of the tender documents, though i'm not involved in the msmt itself... Actually, i think my msmt still needs a lot of improvement... Anyway, since poly days, my msmt is the worse... haha... having only the privillege of my lecturer sitted beside me and teaching me personally while my classmates had already understand the msmt... Well, i dreaded msmt in school already until my lecturer (J.C) really helps me to fall in love with this subject thru a lot of his encouragements... both verbal and encouragements on my tutorials... often i do have to re-do my tutorial... always missed out simple items like deducting door opening, counting of joinery/ironmongery... and JC will always draw out in 3D to help me understand better... But Arch is not my archille, structural stuffs is... Oops, he had to often assured me that i'm doing fine, coz i kept making mistakes... over and over again...
Until i decided to give up on QS when i realised that i did not make a cut for a QS ( being not a very detailed person, thus i often i missed out items) and my fav is definitely not figures.... so hence, after my 2nd year, i do struggle making the "right" choice, either QS option or Pty n real estate option... Been in top class didnt helped much, since everyone (the better ones) will choose the more prestigious choice - QS... Only the lousy students will choose pty option... After struggling and much prayer, i finally make the choice of going to pty... though i dont really like it... But of course, being in pty class, had given me lots of time for my student ministry, such as cold - turkey, prayer meetings, bible study.. which i got chances to lead... Hmm while my classmates in QS struggled in trying to complete their BQ preparations.... I got my own life back, and i dun have to compare results with my ex-classmates which got lots of As and i... aiyah... i decided it will be best for me to get stucked at the bottom of the class list then to make myself suffered bacause of competitions... As a pty student, dun have BQ stuffs, msmts etc.. but end up with more presentations... which i dun really mind.

Overall, i'm i think i still got a lot of things to learn...

Comments: Post a Comment