<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Good Friday and Easter Sunday. 

Well, it's a glommy Saturday... Raining cats and dogs with thunder hitting at very short interval... Durr, reminds me of the Noah's time when God send down flood to destroy all the mankind... It's kind of cooling, at least not very hot now... Think i genna stomach flu... feeling weak and sapped of my energy... Shall go and have some rest... hopefully can recover by Monday... =(

Good Friday, Easter Sunday... What does Good Friday and Easter Sunday means to me?

Good Friday
Good Friday was when God demontrated His Love for us, individually... when Jesus suffered and died on the cross for our sins when we cant do a single thing to save ourselves from our sins.


Was inspired and encouraged by the sermon by J.N
Was listening to the Good Friday Sermon by J.N online... Oh btw, the whole sermon was in mandarin... but it sort of touches me...

Why?

There were 3 witnesses there at Calvery when Jesus was crucified on the cross ... and the Bible showed 3 reactions to there.

2 criminals were hunged and crucified with Jesus and the centurion was there when Jesus breathed his last and the whole earth shook.

I guess that it's how we approached God... Is it with mockery like 1 of the criminal who mocked at Jesus that if He's the Son of God, that He will come and down and save Himself and the criminal.... or the centurion who have witnessed th powerful earthquake and the torning of the temple curtain exclaimed that "Surely this man must be the Son of God" but did nothing to repent of his sins nor give his life to Jesus...
Finally the repentant criminal who's beside Jesus as they hung on the cross (Luke 23:40-43)... rebuked the other, turned to Jesus and said " Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom" and guess what Jesus reply...
In Luke 23:43 "Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

As i heard the sermon, i was gently reminded that what kind of approach when we come face to face with our heavenly Father... Do we demand ourway or humble ourselves before God? It's a gentle reminder that i must treat God with much reverance when i enter into His Presence. Only repentant heart and the right actions will please God. I have to be watchful as not to fall into the same old trap that the enemy will set up...

Easter Sunday
Easter Sunday was the day that Christ Jesus was rescurrected from the grave on the 3rd day of His crucication... and why it meant so much to me!!! Because Jesus lives and that's the reason i'm living... I have a living hope that when Christ rosed again, He has conquered over sin and death and He will come back again... i have eternal life because Jesus has already taken away all my sin. I know that i have been forgiven, loved by God dearly and i have direct access to the Father. My confidence in God is not what i have achieved but what Christ has done for me on the cross.
And my hope for this Easter that my entire family will be saved too. Amen

Comments: Post a Comment