<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Changi Race 2009 

Today was on official duty the whole day... together with my colleagues from the entire organisation, some nominated themselves or some genna nominated... no matter what, i believed all enjoyed ourselves though it's really hard work... seriously...

This event allows me to know some of the colleagues which i would never imagine talking to them unless i have projects together with them, such as PLY, ET etc... Kind of know them better since ET's from site office.... and i dun have projects with LPY...

Standing over 5 hours non-stop (before and after the race)

I guess the most siong ones are those sent to do ushering at the grandstand where the guests are seated... and it's really scotching hot... Imagine have to stand under the sun for the whole afternoon... while the rest of us being deployed inside or outside GHRs / departure hall are being spared from the heat... I'm one of those being spared... haha... How i know is because after all the guests were seated and with the full force of the SPF/AP personnels stationed in the stategic locations, we sneaked in to have a view of the race... and it's really really very very hot!!!

But it's really tiring standing for the few hours... not a joke esp now... my body starts to ache after 1 hour... haha... we took turns to find the nearest seat and just dump ourselves while using our eye power to do the work... =P But the reward is to be able to stand at the grandstand and witness such amazing race and be absorbed into the atmosphere. It's one of those unforgetable experience!!! For the first time, i witnessed the FT vehicles sweeping the runway at a amazing speed... How wish i could be inside the vehicle.... haha...

Managed to capture the Porsche 911 GT3 driver Yuey Tan outside his racing car after the race... really closed up pic... shall upload it up into my fb and a pic which i think was quite timely taken... the point when the Porsche caught up with the Jett8 Boeing 747 and overtaken the plane almost at the end of the race... But sorry guys, the pictures are taken using my "laoya" phone camera... so dun expected cystal clear pic... hehe...
The rest of the pic were taken from my colleague's camera... so have to ask her to send over by email before i can upload into fb.

Actually, the race did creates some hype esp in my grp where the quite a good numbers of the ushers came from our side beside the AO pp and staffs all over the organisation... everyone starts to talk... esp who will win the race... most of them actually said that the Porsche will win the race... true enough, but the plane did have the advantage of blasting ahead before the small powerful car caught up in the last lap of the race... Before we heard the news who won the race, we have to dash off to our respective positions to wait for the guests to be ushered out of the area.

My God Reigns
Music and Lyrics by Matt Hooper and Jock James
Verse 1
I have a hope so sure
An anchor for my soul
My peace in the worst of times
I trust in God alone
Pre-Chorus
Let every voice declare it now
Chorus
My God reigns
His love will never fail me
My God reigns
He's ruling over all
In all my life
In every situation I know
My God is greater
My God is over all
Verse 2
By faith i have believed
And on this truth I stand
No power in life or death
Can take me from His hands
Coda
My God is greater, my God is greater
My God is greater, my God is greater
My God is greater, my God is over all
Bridge
Above all sickness, above all fear
Above every heartache here
In earth and heaven, my God reigns
Above all power, above all throne
The greatest love i've ever known
Today, forever, my God reigns

After dinner, after searching high and low for pp to go together to my Dir's grandma wake... decided to go alone after all the negative replies... by the time i reached the wake, all my colleagues who went earlier have gone back... have a good talk with boss... sometimes, it's only time like this, then we would express our concerns... why cant we do it during good times??? Come to think about it... Only times like this then we will re-focused on spending more time with our loved ones...

I have to remind myself not to spend too much time at work instead of spending quality time with my family, maybe over dinner or time doing common stuff like watching the TV. I hope that i will not squander such privileges before they are gone faster than what we expected. Then we regrets... and by the time, it usually it's too late to do anything...


While typing, i was reminded of this song which touches me quite recently.... SO decide to blog it here. Hope it will too encourage you.

Comments: Post a Comment